Monday, November 22, 2010

"Diana natters on..." Has A Challenge...

of her own.  She is calling it "The Goldilocks Challenge."  It is called this because she says, "We are going to make beautiful gifts for Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear for Christmas.  Honest, I promise they'll be pretty, luxurious and easy."

Her challenge is for everyone to buy an Ultimate Sweater Machine.  Diana says, "It's affordable even at full price, and I just gave you a way to buy one on the cheap, just by watching the Hobby Lobby website, plus there's Craigslist and eBay and that other craft store, too."  We don't have Hobby Lobby out here on the west coast, but I just checked Joanns and they have it already listed at 40% off on their website.  If it isn't on sale in the store use their 40% off coupon.

An update about her challenge is also listed here.  I know quite a few people who started machine knitting with the Ultimate Sweater Machine.  It's a cheap way to get an idea if you're going to like this kind of thing.  When I say cheap I'm referring to buying a brand new Silver Reed knitting machine and ribber which will run about $1700.  Now one can buy used machines for quite a bit less.  BUT you need to know what you're looking for.  Is it operational?  Does it need any repairs?  Does it have all it's parts?  Is there an instruction manual?  Who will I get to repair it?  Where will I order parts?  There is something to be said about buying the Ultimate Sweater Machine brand new with all it's parts, manual and included video.

No comments:

Post a Comment