Sunday, September 11, 2011

Card #3 Machine Knitting Class

Sorry about the raggedy swatch, but I was playing.  I took a class from Helen Koshak from Newton's and I had a great time.  First off she a totally fun lady.  Most importantly though she really knows her stuff in regards to knitting machines.  She was teaching a class centered around all the things one can do with Card #3 that comes with your punch card machine.  Oddly enough I had used Card #3 the night before to work on a Christmas project I'll post soon.


Starting from the bottom of my swatch is card #3 nothing fancy 2 colors.  The next section is card #3 with 3 colors.

Section number 3 of the swatch... did you know you can lock your punch card reader on one line?  I asked my friend Julia if she knew that and she did, but she said she didn't know why one would want to do it.  So, I told her why.  I'm not sure if I did it wrong or my machine doesn't like it, but the straight lines tell me I'm on the right track.  Better luck next time.

The final section of the swatch I tried a window pane technique that I clearly need more practice with.  I'm going to give it another try as it's one of my favorite looks of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment