Thursday, November 12, 2009

Welcome Sacramento Area Machine Knitters

Just a reminder...

This blog entry is here to assist the Sacramento Area Machine Knitter's Guild in advertising their meetings on the Internet. I hope you will stop by one of our meetings and share your latest project with us!

Meet with local Machine Knitters. Chat and discuss the art of machine knitting. All machines brands users are welcome, from the Brother, Bond to the Electronic Passap.

Sacramento Machine Knitters Guild, meets on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays 10am-noon (we meet throughout the summer at our normal days and times if there is enough interest).

We meet at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 6201 Spruce Avenue, Sacramento, CA (off I-80 at Greenback exit, turn right at first street, up about 2 blocks, bear right at the curve and the church is straight ahead).

Updated: 05/17  Contact info has changed as Marilynn (pronounced Mary Lynn) has moved to Colorado.  We wish her all the best.  For more information about the Guild and upcoming training topics call Hugh Hall at 916-332-5190.

November 12th - Today's meeting was informative as always. I learn something new every time I go. Hugh came in with a great idea about making swatches for all the punch cards for his knitting machines. He then attaches the number of the card to the swatch. It reminds him when he's looking for a pattern what it looks like and which number card it is. I'm going to get started on this for my machines. Looking at the cards I can never guess what the card is going to look like.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea about the punchcards Lynne! I think I am going to incorporate that into my swatch book. I only have a couple of swatches completed for the book, but I am working on it. My goal is to swatch every yarn in my stash in both stockinette and a pattern. Maybe with the new store opening, I can work on that at the store! We shall see.....
    P.S. I liked the figure 8 cast off - we will have to practice that one!! ;0)
    Goo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I would love to see your beaded scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what the Sacramento Are Machine Knitters Guild does at each meeting. Keep those pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my seven year old has an enduring need to learn to knit any clubs close to downtown Sacramento?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 5 studio/silver reed knitting machines for sale + lots of accessories. From the closing of a shop. I will entertain offers. contact for details.
    napierneedlepoint@sbcglobal.net 209 478 1313

    ReplyDelete